Answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the Wine List of the Year
Explore this year's award-winning wine lists at a venue near you.
Thomas Wines is one of the Hunter Valley’s most renowned winemakers, nationally and internationally acclaimed for it’s exceptional, single vineyard Hunter Valley Semillon and Shiraz.
Entries for the 2021 Awards close on 11th June 2021
For entries received between Monday 3rd May and Monday 31st May 2021 and for organisations submitting 5 entries or more, the fee is $150 ex GST payable upon registration. For Entries received from Tuesday 1st June up to Friday 11th June 2021 , the entry Fee for 2021 is $175 ex GST
You will need to supply PDFs of your wine list and your menu to see how your list compliments your cuisine. We will also require two high-resolution images of your venue. These should be attached with your submission.
Any licensed on-premise venues including restaurants, wine bars, restaurant, wine bar, small bars, cafes, brasseries, pubs, clubs and hotels, located in Australia. Venues must be located in Australia and be actively trading.
Three simple steps:
1. Review Award Categories
There are several categories that offer you a chance to win an award. While you can only enter your list for a single choice of category each year, you can change the category in following years to showcase your list’s strengths in alternate areas.
2. What you need to provide
You will need to supply PDFs of your wine list and your menu to see how your list complements your cuisine. We will also require two high-resolution images of your venue. These should be attached with your submission.
3. Complete your submission
• ‘Sign up’ to register or ‘Sign in’ online to complete your submission
• For entries received between Monday 3rd May and Monday 31st May 2021 and for organisations submitting 5 entries or more, the fee is $150 ex GST payable upon registration. For Entries received from Tuesday 1st June up to Friday 11th June 2021 , the entry Fee for 2020 is $175 ex GST
1. Recognition and exposure
Award Winners receive media recognition and exposure across Australia and Internationally – both Consumer and Trade, and all Award Winners and Glass winners are featured on the Australian Wine List of the Year Awards Website all year round. In addition, winners will not only be recognised globally for their achievements but they can feature in media interviews and editorial.
2. Attract more customers
Entering AWLOTYAwards will allow current and potential customers to be exposed to your wine list rating and review through consumer and trade communication channels and the Discover Wine Lists section of this website.
3. Glass Rating
Your wine list will be rated according to the international WLOTYAwards wine list criteria indicating to customers the standard of the wine list they will enjoy in your establishment.
4. Wine List Review
A review of your wine list will be published for your current and future customers to learn more about your establishment and the wine experience that awaits them.
Establishments that receive a Glass rating (1, 2, or 3 glasses) will receive a certificate to display with pride as recognition of your accomplishment.
The best of the best will be selected and invited to the awards presentation event where the winners will be announced amongst other finalists, on-premise decision makers, industry influencers, trade & consumer media professionals, Australian & International wine judges, government representatives, VIP’s and sponsors.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held on Monday 29th November in Sydney.
• A review of your wine list by a senior Wine List Awards judge to be displayed in the Australia’s Wine List of the Year Awards website including contact details and a link to your website (all glass rated entrants)
• A glass rating of either 3, 2 or 1 glasses including a logo you can utilise in your marketing to promote your achievement
• Invitation for winners to attend the awards ceremony held in late November in Sydney.
• Affiliation with the 31 distinguished local and international wine experts making up the Awards judging panel
• Winners also receive: print & social media mentions across – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Australia’s Wine List of the Year Awards provides a unique opportunity for industry businesses to consolidate and promote their brand’s presence within this exciting market. The awards allow brands to connect with Australian and International wine judges, on-premise decision makers, industry influencers and trade and consumer media. As an award sponsor, brands are able to “own” an award and are entitled to a large range of benefits including visibility within Australia’s Wine List of the Year website and Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Contact us to discuss your involvement